Nashville Center For Spiritual Living is growing a spiritual community that inspires abundance, healing and love.
DECLARATION OF PRINCIPLES
When someone asks you, "What do you believe?", it sometimes seems easier to answer this question by listing all the things one does not believe. A reporter once asked our founder Dr. Ernest Holmes to put in his own words, briefly, what Religious Science teaches. His answer has become known as the Declaration of Principles. Religious Science or the Science of Mind is all about awakening to our own inherent magnificence. The principles that follow have nothing to do with what we're against, for in truth, we're not against anything, but for something wonderful.
- We believe in God, the Living Spirit Almighty; one, indestructible, absolute and self-existent Cause.
- This One manifests Itself in and through all creation, but is not absorbed by Its creation.
- The manifest universe is the body of God; it is the logical and necessary outcome of the infinite self-knowingness of God.
- We believe in the incarnation of the Spirit in us and that all of us are incarnations of the One Spirit.
- We believe in the eternality, the immortality and the continuity of the individual soul, forever expanding.
- We believe the kingdom of heaven is within us and that we experience this kingdom to the degree that we become conscious of it.
- We believe the ultimate goal of life to be a complete emancipation from all discord of every nature, and that this goal is sure to be attained by all.
- We believe in the unity of all life, and that the highest God and the innermost God is One God.
- We believe that God is personal to all who feel this Indwelling Presence.
- We believe in the direct revelation of Truth through our intuitive and spiritual nature, and that any person may become a revealer of Truth who lives in close contact with the Indwelling God.
- We believe that the Universal Spirit, which is God, operates through Universal Mind, the Law of God.
- We are surrounded by this Creative Mind which receives the direct impress of our thought and acts upon it.
- We believe in the healing of the sick through the Power of this Mind. We believe in the control of conditions through the Power of this Mind.
- We believe in the eternal goodness, the eternal loving kindness and the eternal giving-ness of life to all.
- We believe in our own soul, our own spirit, and our own destiny.
- We understand that the life of humankind is God.